If your dog bites someone, you should take the following steps:
- Detain your dog immediately
- Check on victim’s condition and call for medical help if needed
- Give the victim the date of your dog’s last rabies vaccination and illness history
- Cooperate with the animal control officials
- Seek professional help to prevent your dog from biting again-seek a referral from a veterinarian or animal control agency
- If you cannot control your dog’s dangerous behavior and decide to give it away, tell any prospective owner about past attacks.